Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is Now The Time For You To Go Google?

With the upcoming (hopefully sooner rather than later) public release of Google's newest service, Google+, and the wildly growing Android mobile operating system; now may be the time for you to Go Google.

What do I mean by "go Google"? Well, I mean to move to a Google platform for each category of computer software and service that you are currently using. Although that sounds like a very daunting task at first, it can be much more easy and rewarding than you might think. As a matter of fact, I'm going to help you out with that task step by step in a blog series titled "Going Google in just 10 days" and I hope you'll join me for the journey.



In this series I plan to walk you through the steps for moving your life to the web, where you will have access to your emails, contacts, documents, photos and music from anywhere on the Internet. You'll be able to jump from your Desktop at home to the mobile device in your purse or pocket and then from that mobile device to your laptop at work all without missing an email, spreadsheet update, or favorite song.


Each day in this series will be handled in two parts. There will be an introductory and explanatory part where I will give an educational narrative regarding the topic of the day. Second, and most importantly, there will be a self discovery part, where I will leave you with a few questions to answer for yourself by spending time on your own with the app or service that has been discussed.

I know that some people out there are worried about the security of their information with Google. Many governments, school systems and corporations around the world have Gone Google, and if that's not good enough for you then take a few min to watch this video about Google Data Centers.


Now that you're interested in going Google and are comfortable with their security practices, I hope you'll look forward to each new post in the series. Here's a list of the topics that I will cover in the series:
  • Creating You Profile with Gmail 
  • Time Management with Calendar
  • Getting Things Done with Docs 
  • Online Photo Albums with Photos 
  • Chatting It Up with Voice and Talk 
  • Sharing Thoughts with Blogs 
  • Establishing Yourself with Sites 
  • Watching It Grow with Analytics
  • Beta Bonuses with Music and Plus 

Have you gone Google at home or at work? Share your experience in the comments.


Disclosure: Although I am a heavy-user of Google products and services, I am in no way affiliated with nor my statements endorsed by Google, Inc. All logos used here are trademarks owned by Google, Inc. and are used only for educational purposes in relation to Google products and services.
Post a Comment