Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life

At some point in our existence, we all find time to contemplate the meaning of our own lives. We ask ourselves questions like: Am I doing the right thing? Am I spending enough time with the people that are truly important to me? Am I a good husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter, friend, etc.? Have the decisions that I've made in my life brought me to a place that I'm happy with? Of all the things that I am living for, are any of them worth dying for?

Life, is one of those things that we all experience, but rarely every really understand through our own eyes.

With that in mind, I decided that today, I'd take some time to try to see life through others' eyes.



"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
-- Albert Einstein

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul."
-- A. Powell Davies

"Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."
-- Amelia Burr

"People living deeply have no fear of death."
-- Anais Nin

"Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run. The daily work - that goes on, it adds up."
-- Barbara Kingsolver

"Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."
-- Carl Sandburg

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."
-- Emily Dickenson

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
-- Franklin P. Jones

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-- George Elliot

"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact."
-- Henry James

"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-- John Lennon

"Without discipline, there's no life at all."
-- Katherine Hepburn

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
-- Marie Curie

"It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

"We are always getting ready to live but never living."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Each person must live their life as a model for others."
-- Rosa Parks

"Life would be much easier if I had the source code."
-- Unknown

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
-- Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment